San Lorenzo Basilica
Piazza San Lorenzo
The Basilica of San Lorenzo was the parish church of the Medici family, and the church most associated with Michelangelo. He famously provided the sculptures for the tombs of Lorenzo and Giuliano Medici. San Lorenzo was rebuilt in 1419 and in 1460 bronze pulpits designed by Donatello were added which depicted the Resurrection – Salvonarola used to preach his hellfire and damnation sermons from them.