Church of the Santissima Trinità dei Monti
Piazza di Spagna
Sitting proudly at the top of the Spanish Steps leading up from the Piazza di Spagna, the Church of Trinita dei Monti was built in 1502 under the direction of Louis XII of France. The church remains property of the French State and features artwork by Perino del Vaga and Cesare Nebbia, among others. The church also contains a fresco of the Virgin Mary painted by a French girl in 1844.